She’s Like Leslie Knope, but Cooler: Meet Jordan Smith ’18 !

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Campus celebrity, Jordan Smith, is always busy as a member of MOB exec and a co runner of the Quads community board. Learn more about Jordan’s experience at Dickinson and her plans for the future:

Name: (Patricia) Jordan Smith

Class Year: 2018

Hometown: Dayton, OH

Major: Mathematics

Minor: Chinese

Certificate: Pre-Health 

HC : What are you involved in at Dickinson?

JS: MOB (Late Night Chair), Co Runner of Quads Community Board, Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Phi Omega, College Choir

HC: How do you balance your academics with your school work?

JS: With a lot of practice. Academics has always come first in terms of priority, but I have also learned that a huge part of college is the social experience so I try not to let my schoolwork take over too much of my time. It is all about time management, and knowing what is more important in a certain moment.

HC: What are your favorite and least favorite things about Dickinson?

JS:  Favorite thing: The community. Especially from living in the Quads area my first two years, I loved how everyone got so close and recognized each other around campus. It may be due to Dickinson being such a small school, but everyone here seems very friendly and greatly involved in different campus activities.

Least Favorite thing: Dickinson could be better at addressing social justice issues. Although there is a huge group of students who are big advocates for social justice, a lot of students can get away with not knowing anything about race, gender, sexuality etc. which creates a lot of miscommunication and problems on campus.

JS: What is something most people would not know about you?

Most people would not know that I am actually hilarious. Here is joke right here: What the blanket say when he fell off the bed?

Oh Sheet!

HC: Did you study abroad?

JS: Yes!!! I studied in Brisbane, Australia and the University of Queensland in the Fall of 2016 and I absolutely loved it.

HC: What was your favorite part about studying abroad?

JS: Meeting all kinds of new people, and getting to travel the world. Seeing things I would have never seen otherwise and getting the experience some amazing things the world has to offer. I got to scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef, skydive at the highest height possible above the Pacific Ocean, and hold a koala bear in my arms. Studying abroad is what it feels like to truly live.

HC: What is one thing you want to do at Dickinson before you graduate?

JS: I want to get a job. JUST KIDDING AGAIN. Don’t say that. Before I graduate I want to become more involved in the orientation process for new students. What I mean by this is that I want to get to know the first year students more and help shape their Dickinson experience while I finish mine.

HC: What is your dream job?

JS: As of now, my dream job would be working as a Pediatrician. I have always loved working with kids and being a doctor is something I have always dreamed about.

Anonymous at Dickinson