Rob Stone: The Happiest Man on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Rob Stone is perhaps one of the most well known people  at Dickinson. He is revered for always having a positive attitude and a close relationship with the student body. Typically working the crosswalk between the HUB and the Academic Quad, Rob can usually be seen wishing students a good day and brightening their faces with his kindness.

Name: Robert Charles Stone

Job Title: Crossing Guard

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

HC: How long have you been at Dickinson?

RS: I’m going on my fifth year here.

HC: What were you doing before you came to Dickinson?

RS: I used to be a driver manager at a trucking company until I started working at Dickinson.

HC: How is your favorite thing about working about Dickinson?

RS: I know it might sound cliché, but my favorite thing really is the students. It’s their smiles and their enthusiasm.

HC: Do you have any hobbies?

RS: I’m a sports fanatic. I like hockey, football, baseball and youth sports. Being from Philadelphia, of course, my favorite teams are the Eagles, Flyers and Phillies.

HC: Who is your role model?

RS: I have to say that my role model is my father. He worked three jobs and he never complained. He was always there for us.

HC: How many siblings do you have?

RS: I’m the second youngest out of five kids.

HC: Finally, what tips do you have in terms of staying positive?

RS: Being positive is a choice you have to make. Every day, I wake up and decide not to sweat the little things – just smile and enjoy!

Thank you, Rob, for always smiling! Your positivity is infectious.

Images: 1

Enthusiast of video games, makeup, and (of course) college.