One of Our Own: HC Dickinson’s Senior Editor, Goeun Choi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Goeun Choi ’17 is a senior with an amazing amount of involvement on and off Dickinson’s campus, from being HC Dickinson’s very own Senior Editor to interning for New York Minute Magazine. We sat down with Goeun to learn more about her involvement at Dickinson, how she balances her busy schedule, and what she hopes the future looks like.

Name: Goeun Choi

Class Year: 2017

Major(s): Psychology

Hometown: Fairfax, VA

HC: What is it that you do at Her Campus? What does your role look like?

GC: I am the Senior Editor. I help Alex, our President and Editor-in-Chief, edit and approve each article before it’s posted.

HC: Outside of HC what activities are you involved in both on and off campus?

GC: Other than HC, I am involved in Kappa Alpha Theta and in Psi Chi, the psychology honors society. I also work at the career center as the recruiting assistant and am a peer tutor for the psychology department! Off campus, I am a human resources/talent management intern at an online magazine focusing on empowering women called New York Minute Magazine.

HC: How did you get your internship? How do you balance interning remotely with your academics and activities on campus?

GC: I found the listing for my internship on Handshake! Remote internships are great during the academic year, especially in Carlisle where there aren’t many internship opportunities. I was familiar with remote internships since I had one my sophomore year as well; I just treat the time commitment like it’s another class. I set a few hours aside every day to do work for my internship – the flexibility is really nice!

HC: So… how does it feel to be a Senior?

GC: It was scary to realize at first, but I’m almost looking forward to graduation now. Of course I’ll miss being in college and living within walking distance to all of my friends, but I’m excited to have a full-time job and not have any homework!

HC: What advice would you give to your First-Year self?

GC: Almost nothing matters as much as you think it does, especially in terms of embarrassing or cringe-y moments.

HC: What’s one thing that most people don’t know about you?

GC: I can’t swim!

HC: Lastly, what do you hope post-graduation looks like?

GC: I hope to get a job in Talent Acquisition in the media industry and adopt a French bulldog.

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.