One of Our Own: HC Dickinson’s Events Director, Samantha Reiersen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Even in only her Sophomore year, Samantha (Sam) Reiersen ’19 has truly proven herself to be an active and engaged member of the Dickinson Community. From her involvement in mock trial to being one of the founding members and Events Director at Her Campus Dickinson, Sam has proven herself to be a leader on campus. HC decided to find out more about her involvement on campus and (most importantly) her go-to Carisle eatery.

Name: Samantha (Sam) Reiersen

Class Year: 2019 

Major: History & Political Science 

Minor: Philosophy 

Hometown: Huntington, New York 

HC: What exactly is it that you do at Her Campus as the Events Director?

SR: Aside from writing articles, my job is to plan events and to serve as the treasurer. Since Her Campus was just recognized by the Media Board, we can finally start hosting events! Be on the look out for some awesome events 

HC: What activities are you involved in at Dickinson outside of Her Campus?

SR: I am the treasurer of College Democrats and the social media coordinator of PALS. I am also a member of the mock trial team and Kappa Alpha Theta. 

HC: What are you involved with off-campus/what are your hobbies?

SR: I love skiing and doing outdoorsy stuff but unfortunately I don’t have much time for that when I’m at school. 

HC: Any plans to go abroad?

SR: Yes! I am hoping to go to either Bologna or Australia next spring. 

HC: What is a funny memory that you have from your time at Dickinson?

SR: One time during my freshman year I thought I lost my key at Target so I called DPS and got a new one. I had to pay over $100 for it. A few days later I ended up finding my old key in my room.

What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?

SR: There is a picture of me on the wall at my local Applebees.  

HC: Is there one piece of advice that you’ve been given that has stuck with you?

SR: Don’t sweat the small stuff. It is so easy to get stressed out and anxious about every little thing in your life but sometimes you need to take a step back and ask yourself if this will matter in five years. Most things won’t. 

HC: Lastly (the most important question), what is your favorite place to eat in Carlisle?

SR: Andalusia is my favorite place to eat in Carlisle! Their food is absolutely amazing and it is so much fun to try lots of different dishes. 

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.