Meet the Chair of MOB, Maria Villotti!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Name: Maria Villotti

Class Year: 2018

Major: History

Minor: Italian

Hometown: Avella, PA

HC: What are you involved with at Dickinson?

MV: I’m a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, a Peer Tutor, and the Chair of MOB

HC: What are your duties as chair of MOB?

MV: As the MOB Chair, my biggest jobs are checking in with the rest of the exec board on how their event planning is going, helping them when they need it, running our email, and running both our Exec and General meetings. I also work with the Vice Chair to plan All-College Formal and Springfest.

HC: What is the most challenging part of being the chair of MOB?

MV: The most challenging (but also most fun) part is running General meetings. It’s tough to strike a balance between taking care of business but also having fun, especially when some weeks there’s little to no business and others we’ll be pretty busy.

HC: What are your goals for the rest of your time at Dickinson?

MV: I’d like to survive my senior seminar and throw a Springfest to remember!

HC:  How do you balance your extracurricular activities with your academics?

MV: A lot of times I’ll do work for my extracurricular activities during the day between classes, and homework between meetings for extracurriculars, that way it breaks up what I’m working on and let’s my mind switch it up a bit.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Dickinson?

MV: My favorite thing about Dickinson is definitely that I any time I’m walking anywhere, I pass at least five people I know enough to say hi to or chat with. It’s nice to feel at home and connected on campus.

HC: What is something most people would not know about you?

MV: Most people probably don’t know that I was a dancer (mostly tap) for 16 years until I graduated high school.

HC: Did you study abroad?

MV: I did! I was in Bologna.

HC: How was your study abroad experience?

MV: As cliche as it sounds, it was 100% the best four months and six days (but who was counting?) of my life. The freedom of being able to travel and the feeling I got seeing things I’d only seen in pictures was unbelievable.

HC: What are your goals after graduation?

MV: After graduation I’d like to find a job at a museum around Pittsburgh and maybe eventually save up enough money to go to grad school. My ultimate goal, which won’t surprise anyone who knows me, is to work for the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Anonymous at Dickinson