This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, March Madness season!! For fans of college basketball, March Madness is the best. This tournament brings out the best of the best and makes for some really good, entertaining games. 

I’ve been a fan of basketball since I was a kid. It was my favorite sport to play and it’s my favorite sport to watch. I like the pace of the game and appreciate the skill it takes to play. I’ve always been a bigger fan of college basketball as opposed to professional basketball because I think professional basketball is less entertaining. Don’t get me wrong, professional basketball players are fun to watch, but to me, there’s less at stake. They’re professionals, they know what they’re doing. Meanwhile in college basketball, I feel like there’s a certain hunger for the game that you don’t see in the professional leagues.

That being said, I love watching March Madness because every team wants to be there so badly. You can see it on the players’ faces, in the coaches’ movements. Everyone on that court wants to win and move on to the next round. That kind of passion for the game makes for some really good basketball. There’s a magic to March Madness that leads to crazy shots, record breaking achievements (looking at you Fletcher Magee), and more. My favorite part of March Madness though are the upset games. I love seeing the underdog team come out with a win and you can always feel their level of excitement through the TV. Everyone playing, coaching, announcing, etc. in March Madness just loves basketball, which is a feeling I strongly relate to.

Here are some games to look forward to in the next few days!!

Men’s tournament

Sunday, March 24th

-#1 UNC vs #9 Washington at 2:40pm 

-#1 Duke vs #9 UCF at 5:15pm (Duke has a player named Zion Williamson who is insanely talented)

Thursday, March 28th

-#1 Gonzaga vs #4 Florida State, time TBD

Women’s tournament

Sunday, March 24th

-#2 Connecticut vs #10 Buffalo at 7:00pm (I got to meet the head coach of UConn last summer and it was low-key the best day of my life)

-#1 Louisville vs #8 Michigan at 12:00pm

Monday, March 25th

-#1 Baylor vs #8 California at 9:00pm

-#3 Syracuse vs #6 SD State at 7:00pm

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Anonymous at Dickinson