books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Lilly Beardsley ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Lilly Beardsley’17 has achieved a lot during her time at Dickinson. As Mock Trial president and Kappa Alpha Theta’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Lilly has proven herself to be a leader on campus. Lilly is also an avid dancer and a member of Dance Theater Group (DTG). Now a senior, Lilly has certainly made her mark on Dickinson.

Name: Lilly Beardsley

Hometown: Medfield, MA

Class Year: 2017

Major: French

Minor: Educational Studies

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

I’m involved in the Mock Trial Team (President), Kappa Alpha Theta (CFO), Dance Theater Group and I’m also a Global Ambassador.        

HC: Do you have any hobbies?

I really like sailing but I don’t actually get the opportunity to do it that often.  

HC: Who are your role models?

I find Amelia Earhart to be a really inspirational woman because not only did she have immense courage to fly alone across the Atlantic Ocean, but she was also an intelligent woman who worked hard to support other women both in the field of aviation and in the fight for suffrage. 

HC: What is your favorite thing about Dickinson?

I like the fact that the small size allows me to develop close relationships with my peers, faculty and the administration.

HC: What is one thing you would change about Dickinson?

I think that the dining options on campus need improvement. I know there was a display outside the cafeteria claiming that we are striving to be “More than Adequate” when it comes to our dining options; however, I feel as though we still have work to do before that goal is achieved.

HC: What is something most people wouldn’t know about you?

I can tap dance!

HC: What is your ideal job after graduation?

I’m not sure exactly what I my ideal plan would be for after graduation but I do think it would be cool to work in the field of Study Abroad/Global Education.

Anonymous at Dickinson