This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

As I try to make my way through snowy Carlisle, my thoughts travel back to the days I spent in Barcelona. Palm trees, beaches, paella, art, music, no snow, and most importantly no cold weather. Instead of snowflakes on my skin, I was stepping on warm, beach sand, and rather than being attacked by the abrasive wind in Pennsylvania, I felt soft breezes and the sun beaming down on my skin.

As I reminisce, I think about one moment of my trip that was so serene and embodied the ambiance of my vacation.  I admired the artwork and was captured by such beauty as I sat in front of Casa Batllo. I miss the freedom that comes with being in Barcelona. Barcelonians are never in a hurry because they take the time to appreciate the art, music, and beauty of the city around them. This leisure is rare, but I aspire to live my life more like a Barcelonian by truly embracing every moment and not living in such a rush.

As an artist myself, I dream to create artwork in Barcelona. I will not need a muse in Barcelona because inspiration is in the air.  So, I left my heart in Barcelona, hoping one day to go back and live a life of relaxation and passion.  Until then, I will not stop thinking of the freedom I associate this city with. As Ed Sheeran said, “Come on, let’s be free in Barcelona”.

Hi! I'm Ana-Elena and I'm a student at Dickinson College. I'm an Economics and Art History double major and international student from Bulgaria. 
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.