books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Krysti Oschal ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Since she began her undergraduate career at Dickinson, Krysti Oschal ’17 has been actively involved in the Dickinson community. Her passion for Dickinson and vision for the school made her a no-brainer choice for the Senior Class President. Even with the time-consuming commitment of leading the senior class, Krysti is an active member of her sorority and also president of one of the campus’s political organizations. Krysti tells us how she does it all, what her vision is for the future of Dickinson and more!

Name: Krysti Oschal

Graduation Year: 2017

Hometown: Shavertown, PA

Major(s): Economics and Environmental Studies

Minor: Political Science

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

KO: I am the Senior Class President, Chair of Dickinson College Republicans, Co-President of the Student Investment Group, a tour guide, Executive Director of the PA Federation of College Republicans and member of both Kappa Alpha Theta and the Economics Majors Committee.

HC: How do you balance your position as senior class president with all of your commitments on campus?

KO: I am able to balance my commitments by staying organized and efficient with my time. I always make sure to take at least an hour out of the day for myself so I don’t burn out. While I have a lot of commitments on campus, I’m very passionate about everything I do and it’s easy to make time for something you really care about or are interested in.

HC: What is something that most people wouldn’t know about you?

KO: Most people don’t know that I wrote my college essay about Tom Brady!

HC: What do you love most about Dickinson?

KO: My favorite thing about Dickinson is our shared governance model. Students have the opportunity to have full voice and vote on many of the important decisions that affect the trajectory of the college. We also get to experience working alongside faculty, administrators and board members.

HC: What do you hope to see happen at Dickinson this year now that President Roseman is gone?

KO: I hope that the presidential search committee is able to find a president that aligns with the values of our college, embraces our traditions and is able to bring new and innovative ideas to the college without losing sight of what it means to be a Dickinsonian.

HC: Do you have a favorite fall activity to do in Carlisle?

KO: Cafsgiving (our annual thanksgiving dinner in the Caf!)

HC: What is your dream job for after graduation?

KO: I hope to work for a major financial firm!

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.