This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

My friend Caitlin has wanted a tattoo for forever. She has been telling the whole floor about her plans to get a tattoo since we first got on campus. Caitlin decided to try Inkbox, a temporary tattoo company. For my birthday, I decided to order one too. I had to know whether I’d like seeing a tattoo on myself before committing to a permanent one. Seeing that the tattoo only lasts for two weeks, it was long enough for me to have it for my birthday and some time after.

I was scared I would not like the look of a tattoo on my body. However, I put a lot of thought into this tattoo; even if it was temporary, I wanted it to matter to me. I chose one named El Porvenir, a dark feather to represent my love for writing. I was anxious to receive the ink but still hoping it would come on time. I hoped it would feel natural for me to have the tattoo as well. I wanted to make sure I fell in love with it.

Sure enough, after applying the tattoo, I was so excited. The tattoo takes about 24 to 36 hours to fully develop. I spent my first day showing everyone the faded version of what was yet to come; when it developed the next day, it was love at first sight. I spent the rest of my day looking for good tattoo shops near home. My parents were even encouraging me to get a real tattoo because I grew so attached to it.

It has been a week since I applied the tattoo to my arm and already my feather is fading away. I am still showing it off. I can see the shadow of it when I move my arm and I like to admire it for a bit. I plan to make this feather permanent over the summer. I’m happy i got to try out my first “fauxtoo!” And yes, I do love my ink.

Julia Mercado

Dickinson '20

Julia is an English major who just loves to write. You can normally find her looking for the next Netflix original to watch... or coming up with her own script ideas. With Her Campus, she hopes to reach out to other college women like her!