This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

What better way to say our final goodbyes to summer than with some art? As fall slowly approaches, the responsibilities pile up and the freedom with which we associate summer seems so distant. This past weekend, Carlisle provided me with the perfect way to say goodbye to my favorite time of the year.

As an Art History major, my excitement about Harvest of the Arts was high. Another factor for my excitement was because I attended last year and the festival was by far the event I liked most in Carlisle. The vibe around the festival is very positive, creative, and energizing. I walked around and felt like I was in the best place I could be because I was surrounded by what I enjoy most: art.

Harvest of the Arts is an event for everyone. There’s art, music, food, and all types of entertainment. Seeing Carlisle so alive made me extremely happy that I get to be in town when it happens. I believe that art has the power to unite people and Harvest of the Arts only supported this claim. I can’t wait until next year! 

Hi! I'm Ana-Elena and I'm a student at Dickinson College. I'm an Economics and Art History double major and international student from Bulgaria. 
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.