This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

It may seem a little early to start getting ready for finals, but three weeks of class will go by quickly and you don’t want to be caught off-guard. Here are some tips so you can be prepared for the last push of the semester! 

1. Know your due dates

The last thing you want is to be all ready to submit a paper only to realize you’ve missed the deadline by a few hours, or worse a few days! So make sure you have all of your deadlines written down so you can be confident of when you need to submit things. It also helps if you know how your professor wants to receive final assignments, i.e. via Moodle, in person, or by email.

2. Go to office hours

Office hours are super helpful especially when big assignments are coming up. By going to talk to your professor, you can make sure you understand the assignment as well get any questions you might have answered. Your professors are there to help you do your best!

3. Double check everything

I know that by the time I get to my last final I can be pretty tired. I’m usually anxious to finish the semester and sometimes that can lead me to skip over something important. So before you submit any final, just spend the extra few minutes re-reading it because you might catch a simple spelling mistake that you previously glossed over. 

Good luck with the last four weeks of the semester!! 

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.