This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

After long tiring days of work, homework, and classes, everyone comes together to eat. There are multiple places to eat on campus, but there are only so many options that quickly become old. This results in creative ways to spice up dining experiences. The list below contains hacks to make dining more exciting.

• Here’s a drink that is reminiscent of childhood days: pink lemonade. Dickinson provides regular lemonade, but if the mood calls for something a little different for whatever reason, here’s a general recipe. By taking regular lemonade and mixing it with some sprite and a dash of fruit punch, a flavor close to pink lemonade can be replicated.

• The next meal contains the most versatile food here at Dickinson: the grilled chicken breast. Guaranteed to be here at both lunch and dinner, it can be placed in a sandwich, a wrap, a salad, and for this recipe, it can be repurposed into chicken alfredo. By placing the grilled chicken breast along with some pasta, and some of Dickinson’s four cheese sauce, chicken alfredo can be replicated with moderate success.

• For desserts, Dickinson provides a fairly wide variety, but when searching for a special treat try cream’n’cookies ice cream. It involves three simple ingredients: vanilla frozen yogurt, three big scoops of whip cream, and crushed chocolate chip cookies. These ingredients mixed up together make a tasty combination of cookies’n’cream ice cream and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

We are aware that these are experimental foods that are not suited for all consumers. If you’re anything like us, and you get bored during dining time, then maybe you understand how these combinations came into existence at our time at Dickinson.

I'm a first year in college at Dickinson.
Jasmin Trenfield

Dickinson '23

I am a first year at Dickinson College.
Julia Mercado

Dickinson '20

Julia is an English major who just loves to write. You can normally find her looking for the next Netflix original to watch... or coming up with her own script ideas. With Her Campus, she hopes to reach out to other college women like her!