This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Welcome to a semi-regular series where I recap my visit to a European city with recommendations of the best activities I found. Semi-regular because I’m on a budget and I have class.

Today’s destination: Paris, France

1. Eiffel Tower

The Eiffel Tower is the iconic monument in Paris, and it’s easy to see why. The tower stands out in the city’s landscape and at night is a bright beacon of light. I took the elevator all the way to the top and was rewarded with absolutely beautiful views.

2. Musée de l’Orangerie

This museum is very small in comparison to some of the bigger ones in the city, but it is definitely worth a visit. In this museum there are huge wall murals by Monet and they are gorgeous. I could have sat in this room for hours just taking in the paintings. Definitely my favorite part of the trip!

3. The Louvre

The Louvre is the most popular museum in Paris, and it definitely lives up to its reputation. While it was cool to see the Mona Lisa, there are so many other magnificent things to see. Every room you walk into is filled with gorgeous artwork and the rooms themselves have intricate ceilings designs that will make you stop and stare.

4. Crepes

I ate so much amazing food in Paris that I really should have worked out before going on my trip. I made sure to try both sweet and savory crepes and they were both delicious. Crepes are just the perfect meal and nothing feels more Parisian than walking amongst shops while eating a crepe.

5. Desserts

Ok, this isn’t a specific activity, but I had some of the most amazing desserts ever while in Paris. Everything I tried was tasty; from chocolate croissants to meringues to Ile Flottante (a meringue that floats in custard) I had a lot of sugar this weekend, but it was definitely worth it.  

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.