Destination: Lisbon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Welcome to a semi-regular series where I recap my visit to a European city with recommendations of the best activities I found (semi-regular because I’m on a budget and I have class).

Today’s destination: Lisbon, Portugal

1. Berardo Collection Museum

Out of all of the museums I’ve traveled to this year, I think this one might be my favorite. There were so many cool exhibits that I could have wandered this museum forever. My favorite exhibit was one that combined photography with short stories.

2. Padrão dos Descobrimentos

This monument, also known as the Monument to Discoveries, sits along the waterfront. While I didn’t climb to the top, the view from the pier is just as gorgeous. I sat along the water for an hour just enjoying the day.

3. Time Out Market

This food market houses some of the best food in Lisbon. There are so many choices that it can be a little overwhelming. My favorite thing from here, the pastel de nata, an egg custard that Portugal is known for.

4. São Jorge Castle

This castle in the city is totally worth the trek up the hill. The views are gorgeous and there are many pathways to explore. There’s even a peacock that wanders the grounds!

5. Portas do Sol

This restaurant is just down the hill from the castle and is the perfect place to stop and get lunch. You’ll be rewarded with a gorgeous view and a yummy meal. Plus when it’s nice out, you’ll want to stay forever.

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.