The Best Music for the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

In my (not-so) objective opinion, Christmas music is the best kind of music.  I let myself start listening to it the second Thanksgiving dinner is finished, and I don’t stop listening until the last possible second it’s still acceptable.  It makes me feel all warm and cozy, like I’m sitting in front of my fireplace with my family, watching a movie, and drinking our delicious homemade hot chocolate.  Each song evokes such a happy childhood memory for me and puts me in the holiday mood.  Here are my definitive favorite Christmas songs (in no particular order) so you can get in the holiday spirit as much as me! 

1. Michael Bublé’s entire Christmas album (because I can’t just pick one)

This needs no explanation because this man has so much talent it’s unfair. 

2. Leslie Odom Jr’s Winter Song 

It’s not technically a Christmas song, but his voice is unbelievable and his take on this song is out of this world. Llisten to the rest of his album too!  He is a musical genius. (I’m listening to it as I write this article).

3. All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey

this reminds me of the 17,001 times I’ve watched Love Actually (which is definitively the best holiday movie, but that’s an entirely separate article).   

4. Mistletoe by Justin Bieber

I know, I hate myself too, but this song is SO catchy.

5. Believe from The Polar Express

Josh Groban has the voice of an angel, and the song makes me tear up every time I listen to it 

Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.