This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Happy Monday, collegiettes! For many of us at HC Dickinson, Mondays mean The Bachelor, and what better way to prepare for a night of tears and “the right reasons” than by recapping last week’s craziness? Here is our breakdown of last week’s episode in case you missed anything.

The episode starts with the women wondering if Nick will continue this process. Nick and Chris Harrison talk before Nick goes to apologize to the women for worrying them and says he is confident about his remaining relationships. In fact, he’s so confident that he cancels the rose ceremony and decides to take all six women to their next location: Bimini, Bahamas.

One-on-one: Vanessa

Nick and Vanessa head out for a boat ride where they talk about their feelings from last week and this process. The talk seems to reignite their relationship, so they go snorkeling to explore an abandoned ship. While kissing underwater, Vanessa has her Aha! moment and realizes that she’s falling in love with Nick.

Vanessa tells Nick this and after rambling on about love and saying I love you to someone, Nick tells Vanessa that he “really, really likes [her].” Yeah, Vanessa’s not too happy with that response.

Group date: Corinne, Kristina, and Raven

Nick, Corinne, Kristina, and Raven go out on a yacht before they go snorkeling with wildlife, i.e. sharks. Kristina’s not a fan and when Nick pays a little too much attention to her, Corinne is not happy.

That night, all three women are hoping to get the group date rose, which will guarantee Nick going to meet their families next week. After talking to each woman, Nick gives the rose to Raven and whisks her away for a concert. (Pack your bags, we’re going to Hoxie, Arkansas)

One-on-one: Danielle

Nick and Danielle meet up for a bike ride around the island, grab food, and play some basketball. They sit down to talk but struggle to have a natural conversation.

That night Nick and Danielle are on opposite sides. Danielle finds herself wanting to take on the world with Nick but Nick doesn’t see a future with her. So, it’s the end of the line for Danielle and she goes home.

Corinne Time

Corinne is worried about getting a hometown date, so she goes to his hotel room to spend some time with him (wink, wink) Nick decides not to sleep with her though because he respects his other four relationships and doesn’t want to make the same mistakes he’s made on past seasons.

One-on-one: Rachel

Nick and Rachel head to a local bar and talk about Nick meeting Rachel’s family. They have a quiet, relaxing few hours together and Rachel is ready to bring Nick home.

Elimination

Nick changes things up and decides he doesn’t want a rose ceremony. He is sure about who he needs to send home, so he goes to the house to talk to the woman in private. He grabs Kristina and tells her that while she’s amazing, he has stronger relationships with the other women, so he sends her packing.

The episode ends with Vanessa, Rachel, and Corinne unsure if Nick will meet their families or if they’ll be going home alone. 

Most relatable quote of the night?

“I’m eating my feelings” -Corinne

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.