AAUW to Host Salary Negotiation Workshop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

On Thursday, March 2nd, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) will be hosting a workshop aimed to help give women the tools to successfully negotiate salaries. The Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshop will take place from 4:30-6:30pm in Althouse 206 and will help DIckinson women to develop confidence and skills necessary for negotiating. The event will be cosponsored by the Women’s and Gender Resource Center, the Career Center, the Office of FInancial Aid and Dickinson’s AAUW chapter. 

Image

More information about the workshop can be found on the event’s Facebook page; however, in order to attend, students must register through through Handshake in Gateway no later than Friday, February 24th. An added bonus: snacks will be provided. One study found that, of graduating MBA students, half of men negotiated their salaries, while a mere 1/8th of women negotiated theirs. This is a general trend found in a great deal of research. Help combat these statistics and learn how to negotiate successfully and sign up for the AAUW’s workshop today!

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.