6 Ways to Relieve Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.
  • Bullet Journal: Before starting your next semester, try bullet journals! It’s an amazing way to personalize your planners and keep track of not only your homework but also your goals like how many cups of water you have drunk.

For more ideas Pinterest Bullet Journals!

• Yoga: There are a lot of health benefits in doing yoga! Dickinson offers yoga classes, where if you take 22 classes it can count as a gym credit. You can find the schedule and more information at http://www.dickinson.edu/info/20230/campus_recreation/1799/group_fitness_classes/1
  • Take a walk, it’ll freshen up your mind and keep you focused when you get back to your work! Explore Carlisle with a friend! It may be a small town, but have you found that unique coffee shop you love?
  • Treat yo self! Treat yourself to some good food/dessert, self-care (take a long hot shower and jam out to music, do your nails), take a nap, watch a show, draw, color in a coloring book, or do something you enjoy!

• Dance it out!!! (Like Meredith and Yang in Grey’s Anatomy)

via%20GIPHY

“>

• Meditate! There are tons of apps that can help & guide you and YouTube videos with soothing songs/sounds. A simple way you can meditate is to sit up straight in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and just let go of all your stress and worries and think about yourself in that present moment and just focus on your breathing.

Apps to help you meditate: Calm, The Mindfulness App, Headspace

Sarah Tran

Dickinson '20

Napping is my day job. Sleeping is my night job. 
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.