This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Sometimes it can take a while to find the perfect movie on Netflix. Here are five great rom-coms for your next night in!

Set It Up

Netflix has been making some really great original rom-coms and Set It Up is one of them. The movie stars Zoey Deutch and Glen Powell as two overworked assistants who scheme to set their bosses up so they can get a little free time. My favorite scene in this movie features a drunk Zoey and Glen eating pizza, so relatable. 

Man Up

I recently watched Man Up with my roommates during a girl’s night in. Lake Bell stars in this movie as a woman who gets accidentally mistaken as someone else’s blind date. Bell goes along with the mistake and ends up finding herself in some very interesting situations, like putting out a fire and fending off an old school mate. 

No Reservations

I really love watching cooking shows, which might be why I like this movie featuring Catherine Zeta-Jones as an uptight chef. Zeta-Jones’s life changes when she must take care of her young niece while also dealing with changes at work, i.e. Aaron Eckhart’s character who wants to spice things up in the kitchen (pun intended). 

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

This movie is based on the book of the same name by Jenny Han. Lana Condor plays the protagonist Lara Jean whose little sister mails the five love letters she’s written over the years to her past crushes. Chaos ensues as Lara Jean deals with her sister’s ex-boyfriend and the boy she liked in middle school. And get ready to say hello to your new celebrity crush, Noah Centineo. 

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

This rom-com has been one of my favorites for a long time. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson each make bets at work that they can get someone to fall in love and out of love with them in just 10 days. Throughout the movie, they go to a Knicks game, a Celine Dion concert, and couples therapy. And that’s just in the first few days. 

So grab your roommates/friends, some popcorn, and a blanket and cue up one of these great rom-coms. Enjoy!

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.