4 Day Trips You Can Take from Dickinson College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania is a great place but sometimes it is possible to get a little sick of it. A day trip might be a good idea to get out of the Carlisle routine. Luckily, there are some cool places close by that you should check out.

1. Gettysburg

This one is especially great for the history nerds out there. Gettysburg is a short 40 minute drive from Dickinson and is a really cute little town. Not to mention, it was the site of one of the most important battles of the civil war, so there are a lot of historical sites and monuments to check out.

1. Harrisburg

Harrisburg has got some cool spots! It is about 30 minutes from Carlisle.The Pennsylvania capitol building is beautiful and they offer tours. It is also fun to walk across the bridge to city island. Make sure to stop by Little Amps for coffee. There are also some great restaurants in Harrisburg. I love the Millworks, which is part restaurant, part brewery, and part art gallery.

1. Lancaster

I love Lancaster! This one is a bit further (about an hour), but it is worth it. It is in the heart of Amish country so be prepared to see a few horse and buggy’s while you are there. There are a lot of interesting things to do here and some good restaurants as well.

1. Hershey

Carlisle is about 45 minutes from Hersheypark. Spend a day going on rollercoasters and eating chocolate.

It can be really refreshing to get out of the Dickinson bubble and spend some time off campus. So go grab some friends and have fun!

Anonymous at Dickinson