Youtube Channels to Subscribe to If You Love Creepy Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Spirit of Halloween has opened again so that means it’s not too early to start getting excited and picking out your costumers, right? If you’re like me, Halloween is one of your favorite holidays and you can’t wait until it’s finally here. Or maybe, if you’re still like me, you have this weird interest in true crime and unsolved mysteries, from serial killers to people who just vanished and were never seen again. Or if you’re really like me, you like creepy stuff so you believe in ghost and question how possible every conspiracy theory you hear is, then we can be creepy together. Whichever category you fall into, there is a Youtube Channel out there to cover all your creepy needs.

1. BuzzFeed Unsolved

Possibly my favorite channel to go to for creepy stuff. Shane and Ryan get a case and go over all the facts from the case and that alone is interesting, they have good chemistry and as creepy as the stories they talk about are, they have funny banter so you can still laugh. BuzzFeed Unsolved has a True Crime and a Supernatural playlist. So you can watch them look for Bigfoot or stay overnight in a haunted hotel, or you can listen to cases from the OJ Simpson trial to The Axeman of New Orleans. Shane, being a bit of a skeptic, and Ryan, who seems to believe and be afraid of everything, are the most interesting partners to watch pick apart everything. Also, if you’ve ever seen the “Hey there, demons, it’s me, ya boy,” meme, that was Shane

5 Must Watch Videos:

• The Haunted Halls of Waverly Hills Hospital

• The Horrifying Murders of the Zodiac Killer

• 3 Horrifying Cases of Ghosts and Demons (if you want to see Ryan scream and almost pee himself in fear and Shane be completely indifferent)

• The Mysterious Death of the Boy in The Box

• The Ghost and Demons of Bobby Mackey’s

Kendall Rae

True Crime, missing people, conspiracy theories that will make you question everything you thought you knew. Don’t watch any videos about people who have gone missing alone at night, because you’ll have nightmares about being kidnapped (speaking from experience), and when I say these conspiracy theory videos will make you question everything, you’re going to think that every dead celebrity secretly faked their own death and that we’re all possibly in some Sim like video game. I know I sound crazy, but if you watch you’l know what I mean. Also, she does videos about Zodiac Signs and if you have any interest in Astrology you’ll find them super cool, and when you get to your video you’ll be shouting “omg that’s so me!” at the screen.

5 Must Watch Videos:

• What Happened to Natalee Holloway

• Case of Dee Dee and Gypsy

• The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey

• Princess Diana Conspiracy Theories

• The Murder Castle! America’s First Serial Killer – H.H. Holmes

Bella Fiori

Bella does Mystery Monday’s, and the real interesting thing about her is that she’s actually a beauty channel, so after you binge watch a bunch of video about people who have gone missing and freak yourself out, you can click on over to her makeup videos until you’re not so freaked out. The similar thing that I like about Bella and Kendall’s channel’s is that they list all the facts about unsolved mystery’s, whether it’s an unsolved murder or kidnapping, they always end the video by saying what they think happened. I think that legally BuzzFeed Unsolved can’t give their own theories on True Crime videos because obviously they’re owned by the company BuzzFeed and could be sued.

5 Must Watch Episodes:

• The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

• The Lake Bodom Mystery

• The Disappearance of Amy Bradley

• The Keddie Cabin Murders

• The Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders

Cayleigh Elise

A channel that is creepy down to the way the background is decorated, the intro, and the background music. Cayleigh has around twenty different playlist, some including Nameless, unsolved Cases, Subscriber Storytime, Creepy Stories, Dark Matters, and I could keep going on and on, but this would be a really long list. Though the content on her channel is really diverse, it’s all creepy.

5 Must Watch Episodes:

• The Sodder Children

• The Wolf Family

• Beth Doe of Pennsylvania | Nameless #1

• Who Put Bella Down the Wych Elm | Nameless #3

• The Disappearance of Twins Alessia and Livia Schepp

Rob Dyke

Nearly 500 videos worth of creepy content. Horrifying actually. Not just horrifying, but just strange things that will make you say “what?” If you like Cayleigh Elise, you’ll most likely like Rob Dyke or vice versa. Cults, true crime, serial killers, you know all the fun stuff, this is creepy central. He’s very to the point, well researched and though some of the topics he goes over are very dark (which you wouldn’t be watching if that’s not what you were looking for) but it’s well explained and easy to follow along with.

5 Must Watch Episodes:

• 10 Scariest People of All Time

• 5 Babysitters Who Should’ve Never Watched Kids

• 3 Terrible Killer Couples

• 10 Chilling Messages Sent Before Death

• 10 Creepy Unsolved Kidnappings

DSU Student. Mass Communications Major. IG: j.hane.y Twitter: Jhaney__
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.