etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

WiFi is Extremely Vital

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

WiFi is Extremely Vital

This past week for two consecutive days the school’s WiFi in my dorm was down. Not gonna lie, it was a difficult adjustment. My intention is by no means to sound privileged, but to simply share how essential WiFi is in my life. WiFi is a vital and necessary component of a college student’s academic and social life. I do not have an unlimited data plan with my cell company which I am sure more students can attest to. Being able to access free WiFi anytime and anywhere throughout the school’s campus saves me tons of data.  Furthermore, it reduces the stress of running out of data for my monthly cycle. Being the stereotypical millennial that is glued to their phone that I am,  I relentlessly used most of my data for the month within those two days.  I am now left with 10% of data for the remainder of my monthly cycle. Ugh, I know. Not the wisest decision. However, to be fair half of the time spent using my data was actually to complete assignments while the other half was for my leisure. During the day, I also spent most of my time working on those assignments using the WiFi at our library. However, I wasn’t gonna stay there all day just for WiFi. As technology advances, I hope to see more devices with FREE built-in-WiFi. Not like the hotspot, you get on your phone; however, actual  WiFi that is able to connect your device to the internet anytime and anywhere.

Just a girl from the Garden State currently attending Delaware State University studying mass communications. Lover of acting, writing, music, food, sports, coffee, and good vibes.
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!