This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Snapchat first debuted as an android app back in October of 2012. For those who don’t know snapchat is a multimedia messaging app. You take a picture and send it to a friend and it is only available to look at for 24 hours, then it disappears.  

Snapchat is such a easy app to use. People of all ages can use it. With snapchat its only pictures and videos. Nothing else getting in the way no long captions or tagging friends in the post. Everyone loves taking pictures. There are so many different features its crazy. The filters, custom lens and stickers is fun to use on you picture or video. 

Snapchat is known for being a private way to send messages or pictures. It is also the best app to take selfies with. Whether you use the filters or not it’s very easy to snap a picture. You can choose to post whatever you want whenever you want. 

My favorite thing about Snapchat is the stories. When posting on your Snapchat story your friends can watch it as well. Or maybe you might want to customize who you want to view the story (which is very easy to do). 

With the new update you can keep up with news and celebrities. A lot of celebrities have their own snapchat and you can add them. Celebrities post all the time on their stories. Fans are always interested in what they do within their daily lives. 

Snapchat is a great way to stay connected with friends all over the place. You have friends that live in different areas or go to a different school, you can always see what they are up to. And you can show them what you are up to.

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!