matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

What You Need To Know About The Delaware Fishing Legislation Bil

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Did you know Delaware State University has a major called Fishing and Management? 

It is under the College of Agriculture under the Department of Fishing and Management.  The building is located on the backside of the campus.  Recently, I met a classmate who was part of this major and she mentioned a bill that was recently passed called the Fisheries Legislation Bill.  After she had mentioned it, I followed her instructions and found an article online that was written by Carlos Holmes.  It turns out she was the creator of the bill and had worked the entire summer of 2018 on trying to pass the bill.

What is the Fisheries Legislation Bill?

The Fisheries Legislation Bill consists of the purchase the license plate at the DMV.  When one purchase the license plate, a portion of the purchase will be donated.  The license plate will cost $95 and $15 of the proceeds will go to research and recreational fisheries.  There will be two designs of the license plate, one freshwater and one saltwater.

How does this impact Delaware State University?

This impacts Delaware State University from getting to say a student was a part of their program.  My classmate wanted to make an impact in her department, before she graduated.  Showing her knowledge, passion, and dedication to helping fisheries gain more research and funds.  Along with, working with different fisheries, wildlife and recreation throughout the span of earning her bachelor’s degree.

Where can I find this article?

https://www.desu.edu/news/2018/09/dsu-student-instrumental-fisheries-legislation

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!