This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

What Will My Life Be After DSU?!

This is my junior year and I still am not sure what I want to do with my life….

I am currently a kinesiology major (studies the movement of the human body) and I still am not quite sure what I want to do as a career. In my major career options include; physical therapists, occupational therapists, personal trainers, exercise physiologists, etc. None of which I really want to do. With my major career options are really unlimited in the health field. I know you’re probably saying “ummm girl it’s almost senior year and you still do not know what you want to be?!” I would say you’re exactly right. At first I wanted to be a physical therapist, but then changed my mind. I am planning on taking the MCAT in may in order to apply to medical school. Which is honestly a scary process. Sometimes I wonder what my life will be like after DSU and my anxiety goes through the roof. I really do plan to go to medical school, and I have no real backup plan for myself which is a bit terrifying. Medical school is highly competitive and many students do not get in their first time around. Hopefully I am not one of those students, and that is what scares me the most. All of my days in school I have worked very hard on getting good grades in order to get to where I am now…. applying to medical school. Now that the time has come I have been so stressed about it. Do not get me wrong, not getting accepted is not the end of the world, but who wants to be rejected?! Many students do take time off before even applying to medical school, which I have thought about. Hopefully I come up with a backup plan sometime soon just in case, but if you have any advice for me contact me!

IG: @candiiecane

Twitter: cal11_

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!