This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

As the year 2020 rapidly approaches, it seems like more and more individuals are expressing their distaste for our current president, Donald Trump. Most Trump critics address that he has a number of sexual assault allegations against him and that he addresses the nation via Twitter, but there is still no correlation as to why citizens are still not registered to vote. People want change but are not actively taking progressive action to make any change happen. Young people are the determining factor of what the future of the country will become, however, young adults are the most likely to not vote in primary and general elections. We have to be better. Students need to be more educated on the decision makers who are running for president. They need to take the initiative to make change and be transparent when deciding who will represent us all. 

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!