This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Tired of the basic dinner and a movie date? Looking to do something fun and different this Valentine’s Day? Here’s a list of unique ways for you and your valentine to celebrate.

Visit a Botanical Garden

Getting flowers is one thing, but walking through beautiful flower displays and exhibits is a whole other level. Longwood Gardens does a special orchid display all to the end of March, a perfect place to spend Valentine’s Day.

Cook Together

Instead of going out to dinner, we stay in and cook something together. Grab some wine, order one of those meals in a box and learn how to prepare a new meal together. If the meals end up being a disaster then at least you have some laughs along the way. Plus you always have pizza delivery as a backup.

Paint Pottery

There are pottery painting studios where they provide all the tools and  all you have to do is pick your piece and start painting. When you are done they will put it in the kiln for you and you can pick it up later. You can have this experience at the Creation Station located in  Middletown, Delaware. 

Visit the Aquarium

Who doesn’t love the aquarium? Let’s face it, February is a cold month. Visiting the aquarium is the perfect indoor activity where you can act like a kid again. Luckily the Baltimore Aquarium is not too far and definitely worth the trip.

Go to a Comedy Club

Have a night out at a Comedy Club. Valentine’s Day is on a Friday this year, which means comedy clubs will be scheduling their headliners. Have some drinks and some laughs with your favorite person.

My Name is Brittany Inglis, I am a junior at Delaware State University majoring in Mass Communications: Digital Media & Journalism. I am the kind of person who gets excited about new information. I love to learn new things and in turn share those things with others. I have a variety of interests that I am passionate about ranging from politics to film to fashion, which is why I’m pursing a career in communications. Media allows the level of creativity and freedom I want to be able to pursue projects on multiple subjects.