This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Thanksgiving is a holiday of family and friends coming together, to enjoy a day of fun and food.  Yes, as college students we also are on technology and doing homework too. What if this Thanksgiving, we unplugged for a little and enjoyed some games with family. It doesn’t have to be all day, just enough to where pictures don’t include people on their phone or laptop in the background. A great way of being entertained while unplugged is through playing games!  

Card Games

There are many games you can play with a stack of cards and maybe another object.  Some options include Uno, Spoons, 21, Goldfish, Skip Bo, Phase 10, Uker, and Garbage.

Football

Why not play the classic family football outside and see who wins? Some team ideas could be ladies versus men, dads side versus moms side of the family, or kids versus parents.

Board Games

Some cool board games that is fun for everyone to play is Rummikub, Sorry, Life, Pictionary, Outburst, Quelf, Chutes and Ladders, Monopoly, and Yahtzee.

Charades

If you do not like to play regular charades, some options of similar games include Taboo, Guessturs, and Family or Kids charades, and Word Buzz.

Heads Up

This is a game that you can get the app on your phone, it is also played against your forehead.  There are different categories and games within Heads Up. Also who doesn’t love a game created by Ellen Degenerous?

I study marketing and specialize in napping. Enjoy!
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!