alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

TV SHOW ALERT: Desperate Housewives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

You might be thinking, “what Desperate Housewives?” but before you judge a show by its title, let me just say this is one of the greatest shows of all time.

Desperate Housewives  American television comedy-drama-mystery series about  the lives of a group of women as seen through the eyes of a dead neighbor who committed suicide in the very first episode.

That sounds kind of boring right? A old dead neighbor narrating her friends lives. However, its the mysteries that keep this show going strong for so long.

Why did the neighbor commit suicide?

Why does her husband look so suspicious?

What does her letter mean?

But wait, this show won’t take you a whole 5 seasons to tell you who what happen. The main reason why I love this show is that I know by the end of the season all the pieces will come together.

They worked through domestic struggles and family life, while facing the secrets, crimes and mysteries hidden behind the doors of their — at the surface — beautiful and seemingly perfect suburban neighborhood.

My mom && I been on a binge w/desperate housewives & @AYYTONE402&@RL_Longhorn are right in there with us 

— Antoinia Edwards (@Antoinia_Rena) 

These 5 women makes sure to crack every case, solve every crime and make it back to to gossip on poker night. Just when you think you’ve found the answer, its like a rug is swept under your feet and you back to where you started. These are not middle age ,rich women complaining about life, they are going through divorce, dating, cancer, in-laws, children, death, murder, bankruptcy and just plain crazy.

Re-watching desperate housewives because my 10 year old self didn’t’t appreciate it enough

— Nicole Skinnion (@NicoleSkinnion) 

I love this show so much, even I was re-watching it. Every season someone or family moves in  Wisteria Lane with secrets or an evil back story. Which we are curious to know who they really are. This show excites me just because this ladies are willing to do anything to ensure that there neighborhood is safe.

So many feels for this. Desperate housewives is life  https://t.co/aBnMv2oDPA

— Hibbie (@hibbiie)

A series that can go on strong for more than 6 seasons, its a strong show. This show went on for 8 seasons. By the end of the series, it had surpassed Charmed as the longest running hour-long television series featuring all female leads by two episodes. Housewives was also the most watched series finale of 2012.

These ladies are far from boring Housewives.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.