This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Top Makeup Products for Women of Color

1. Kylie Jenner True Brown Matte Lipstick Kit- $29

The kit comes with both a liner and the lipstick. I purchased this shade and love it as a slightly darker than a nude lip color. This formula is a bit drying so I always apply chapstick before applying the lipstick. True Brown is very long wearing and will last all day, which is another reason why I love this kit.

1. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Medium Deep- $38 mini is $23

This setting powder is great for girls who have sensitive and dry skin. It sets your makeup flawlessly, blurs imperfections and lasts all day. The price is a bit steep so my next item is a powder that will work just as good for a lower cost.

1. J. Cat Lux Pro Powder – $6.99

This setting powder is great and especially the price! For darker skin tones I would recommend the shade chestnut and for lighter skin tones I would recommend the shade banana.

1. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb- $18

Its Rihanna lip gloss you should know it’s just an AMAZING gloss. It now comes in two shades; Fenty Glow and Diamond Milk.

1. NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Foundation-$15

I normally do not really mess with drug store type foundation because they just end up breaking out my skin, but this is the only foundation that does not. Its lightweight and full coverage and comes in a wide variety of shades (thanks Alissa AshleyJ).

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!