Top Five Fashion Trends of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

With 2016 ending, let’s take the time to reflect on this year’s biggest fashion trends and how they began. This year was full of knee high boots, crop tops, knit sweaters, and high-waisted jeans, but here are the top five fashion trends of the year.

1. Fenty Puma Slides

The Fenty Puma slides were designed and created by superstar Rihanna. Originally released in July of this year, the Fenty slides went on to be the most popular shoe of the year followed by her “Creepers”. Puma’s website crashed the very day that the slides were released and were sold out in three days.

2.Chokers

Chokers seem to have made a comeback, which originally popularized in the 80’s. Stores like Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe provide shoppers with endless styles of chokers which allow each buyer to find one that they like, hence why we see so many people sporting them.

3.Midi Rings

Midi rings were made popular by singer Rihanna who paired them with her henna tattoos and fresh manicures. This lead to many people rocking these gorgeous rings with their flawless sets of nails. There are midi rings for each nail color with makes them even more desirable.

4. Bomber Jackets

Bomber jackets have been a huge part of fashion this year. These jackets come in every color possible and can be paired with dresses, jeans, or even shorts. They’ve been made popular because they can be dressed down or dresses up.

5. Lace up tops and dresses

Lace up dresses and tops have been made quite popular on the college scene. The most common party outfits these days include a lace up outfit of some kind. Whether it is a form fitting lace-up top and dress or a free flowing one, they have definitely made their mark in the fashion world this year.

A Mass Communications major looking to obtain an internship or employment using my communication and writing expertise towards opportunities in journalism, editing, and writing
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.