Books On A Shelf
Books On A Shelf
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Toni Morrison, Born on February 18. 1931 in Lorain OH went on to become an award winning author. In 1953 Morrison graduated from Howard University with a bachelor’s degree in English. She then went on to receive a master’s degree in American Literature from Cornell University. After completing her masters, Ms. Morrison became a professor at Howard University where she taught English. It was here that Morrison began working on her first book called the Bluest Eye, with a group of writers at the university.

Published her first book titled the “Bluest Eye” in 1970.  

First African American to win a Nobel Peace Prize in Literature in 1993.  

Was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama in 2012.  

Won a Pulitzer Prize for Literature in 1987 for her book titled Beloved.

Won the National Books Critics Circle Award in 1977 for her book “Song of Solomon”  

I am Kaitlin Robinson a Chemistry major from Washington,DC. I’m fairly new to writing but I hope you enjoy my articles.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!