Tips to Stay Warm and Cute During Those Colder Months

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

By Shelynn Handy

Every fashionista has that moment in the winter time when they feel like they have to choose warmth over fashion. I am also one of them, but over the years I’ve come up with a few ways to stay stylish and warm at the same time.

1. Utilize your undergarments. If you live somewhere that is guaranteed to get snow every winter like I do, then you would know that what is underneath the outfit is as important as the outfit itself. I like to get cozy socks and even put leggings underneath of my pants if it’s really cold.
  2. Layer up. To stay really warm, I’ll put on long sleeve shirts underneath of a sweater. I might even put a cardigan on top of the sweater before I put my coat on if it’s in the negatives. 
  3. Make your top layer your statement piece. There is no need for your coats and jackets to be boring. Having coats in vibrant colors or bold patterns can make the outfit itself.

https://goo.gl/images/UojcaG

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!