This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

With Thanksgiving literally around the corner, here are some great ways to spend the holiday if you’re unable to return home from your dorm.  

Friendsgiving

Friendsgiving is the perfect way to be surrounded by love, although you’re not with your family. Get some friends who like you were unable to return home for holidays and throw a party. Recreate your favorite dishes and find some fun games to play.

Give Back to Charity

Help the less fortunate. Although you were unable to go home, you still have a home with people who love you. This is not the case for everyone, try going down to the nearest shelter, and spread some holiday cheer.

Watch Movies

Movies are always fun. If you find yourself not in the mood for the things, I’ve mentioned above, you can always see a new movie coming out. For example, this Thanksgiving Queen and Slim will be premiering in theaters. 

Black Friday

Prepare for Black Friday. Everyone knows how hectic Black Friday shopping can be. This would be the perfect time to rest up for the night ahead of you.

I hope these plans help you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!  

Just a girl from Jersey with big dreams attending Delaware State University. I'm currently majoring in mass communications with a concentration in digital media. One day you'll see my name rolling in the credits but until then enjoy my articles.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!