Taking A Break From People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Taking A Break from People

Zaire A. Davis

Sometimes, I just need a break. I have jobs. I take my school work very seriously. I do not think that I need to apologize for making Zaire Annette Davis a priority. There are days when I do not want to be on my phone or hear about other people’s problems. Is that selfish? Honestly, I truly do not care if it is. I cannot be the number one person in every one else’s lives if I keep putting myself first. I do not take off days. Every single night, I make sure I reread my notes and study before I go to sleep. Why? Because I want A’s. I want to go to grad school. I want a scholarship. I have goals. I want to be somebody. So excuse me if I do not text back to hang out and talk about the latest drama. To be quite frankly, I do not care. I can sense that I am getting more mature and am slowly turning into a “real life adult”. But I am still me. I still love to go out and laugh long and hard. I still have dreams and hopes of being myself and getting everything that I want out out life. But as of this moment right now? I need a break from people and I am not going to say sorry for needing to find myself in the process.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!