This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Everyone knows that going to college is not cheap most. Many of us will look back at this time and remember just how broke we were. Even with financial aid, the cost of tuition, housing, books, meal plans, and supplies pretty much leave our bank accounts empty. The good news is a lot of companies are aware of this and offer student discounts that are almost too good to be true. Below is a list of student discounts that every college student should take advantage of.

Apple: Apple offers student discounts on a variety of devices. However, there is no set percentage off and these deals tend to end after September.

Adobe Creative Cloud: If you are an Art, Graphic Design, or Mass Communications Major this is a deal you don’t want to miss out on. Adobe Creative Cloud offers a 60% off student discount for $19.99 per month, which includes software programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition.

Spotify, Hulu, and Showtime: Spotify offers a student discount for only $4.99 with the option to add on both Hulu and Showtime for no additional cost. This is a deal that I will definitely miss after graduation. 

Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime is already a pretty good deal, but as college students we need all the help we can get. They offer a student discount of $6.50 per month or $60 per year.

Youtube: YouTube offers a 50% discount on their premium subscription for students making the cost only $7 per month!

Audible: If you are a fan of audiobooks, you will want to take advantage of this student discount. Audible offers $5 off their premium subscription making the cost $10 per month instead of $14.99.

It’s important to stay informed! So, we are thankful for these newspapers offering students discounts on monthly subscriptions. Access to these papers will come in handy when you need to research for that midterm paper. 

The Atlantic: Starts at $25 per year for digital-only access.

The Washington Post: $5 every month for digital-only access.

The Wall Street Journal: Starting at $1 per month for digital access.

My Name is Brittany Inglis, I am a junior at Delaware State University majoring in Mass Communications: Digital Media & Journalism. I am the kind of person who gets excited about new information. I love to learn new things and in turn share those things with others. I have a variety of interests that I am passionate about ranging from politics to film to fashion, which is why I’m pursing a career in communications. Media allows the level of creativity and freedom I want to be able to pursue projects on multiple subjects.