This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

With being a college student who works and is very active on campus, means there is little to no time for me to do my hair. As a person with short type 4 hair, it’s even harder to manage it throughout the week. But I have recently found a hairstyle that works for me and takes less than 30 minutes to do. This is how I do my hair.

Things you need.

• Hair ties

• Hair clips

• Bobby pins

• Spray bottle

• Leave in conditioner

• Comb

• Hard bristle Brush

• Drawstring  puff or ponytail

• Gel

For me, the first thing I do is section my hair in 3. One big section in the back and two smaller ones in the front. I use my comb to make my part as straight and neat as possible. I use the clips to keep the sections separated.

Once the hair is separated, I work in the back and work my way to the front. I take the big section in the back and spray it with water. Once I feel my hair is wet enough, I take some conditioner and add it to the back section of hair. Then, I get the comb and comb my hair from the end to the root. This prevents breakage.  

When the back section is all detangled, it is time to add gel. I usually start with a little and add more as needed. With the gel in my hair I get my brush and brush my hair into a ponytail.  

The back section is now done, now repeat the steps on the other two sections. Make sure that you are brushing all the other sections into one ponytail. When all your hair is gelled down add a satin scarf to your head. The scarf should be on either overnight or for a few hours. When you decide to take your scarf off it’s time to add the puff or ponytail. I would advise to get a texture that matches your own and a color that matches. In the ponytail there will be two small combs. Place one comb on the top of the ponytail on your head and the other on the bottom. After this pull the drawstring and wrap the extra string around the fake ponytail. Once you finish wrapping the string, place a bobby pin around the end so it will not move. The finished Product.  

Hi, my name is Jamila Seidu and I am currently a student at Delaware State University and I am a kinesiology major. I love everything art and I'm not afraid to try something new, so here I am. I hope you enjoy.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!