Shout Out To My Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Shout Out To My Mom By Amirah Johnson

Childhood is the one of the most cherished parts of life. Most people believe your teenage years are where the person you are destined to be is created; however, I believe a big part of if not all of it is created during your childhood. That is where the magic happens. The magic stems from our imaginations. As children our imaginations are so fragile and precious. You must provide a child’s imagination with attentive care and love. You cannot expect it to thrive on its own. My mom did everything she could to make sure my imagination never stopped flourishing. Throughout my childhood I played t-ball, softball, soccer, and basketball. I took hip-hop, ballet, tap, and gymnastics classes consecutively for years. In addition that, I took guitar-lessons, acting classes, and played the Clarinet. This is the root of the diversified lifestyle I live today. I am lover and supporter of many different things, because of the way I raised. My mom never made me settle for one thing. She never limited the possibilities of who I could be. Instead she strived to show me every possibility of the person I could be. For that I am so thankful and blessed. Thank you, Mom, for taking precious care of my imagination. I love you.

Just a girl from the Garden State currently attending Delaware State University studying mass communications. Lover of acting, writing, music, food, sports, coffee, and good vibes.
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!