This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

I feel the year 2020 is going to always hold a special place in my heart. Not only will I be entering my 20’s, but in addition to that, it is possible that by the end of this decade my life could be drastically different. I could be married, starting a family, or even living across the world. Of course, only time will tell, but I have a gut feeling that one if not some of those things could come to fruition within these next ten years. Most of all, I’m just excited about the growth and the woman I will by then. Whew, I’ll be thirty at the end of the decade which is scary. Honestly, what’s crazy though is from 2010 to 2019 I didn’t even really realize I was living in a new decade. Granted I was only ten years old, so who knows what I was even thinking at the time. What I’m trying to say though is that the previous decade flew right past my eyes. A lot happened within those ten years. There were many milestones, good times, celebrations, blessings, lessons, losses and a lot more. With that being said going into this new decade I want to cherish every little thing, moment, and second of the following years to come. I don’t just want to say remember when this happened, I want to have actual pieces of it. This year I want to start something called a decade box. 

It doesn’t have to be something huge, but just a keepsake that is durable to last through the decade. Throughout these next ten years, I plan to save as many photos, papers, tickets, jewelry, books and just anything that I feel holds sentimental value. I look forward to starting this decade box. I am just so grateful already for the current season of life I am in and the woman I’ve become. I can’t wait to see all that this decade has for me and the new memories that will be created from it.

Just a girl from the Garden State currently attending Delaware State University studying mass communications. Lover of acting, writing, music, food, sports, coffee, and good vibes.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!