This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

If you’re anything like me, the concept of spirituality may appear hard to believe at first. I, myself, used to be a skeptic regarding the power of manifestation, tarot reading, the law of attraction, the healing power of crystals, etc. It wasn’t until I went through an extremely hard time in my life that I began aligning myself with what the universe had been trying to show me.

It started when I began seeing repeating numbers such as 444, 333, 222, 11:11 and so on. It had never occurred to me that it was more than a coincidence until my friend admit to me, she also saw repeating numbers. It was from her that I learned that triple digits such as 444 were angel numbers. They each have different meanings, for example, 222 can indicate you are searching for balance in your life which includes making decisions that can help you change or grow spiritually.

This was the extent to which I believed in spirituality, as I could not ignore the obvious signs the universe was displaying right in front of me. Once you begin your spiritual journey, though, it’s hard to stop.

After I started seeing angel numbers, I began seeing symbolic animals everywhere as well. I most often see butterflies which symbolize change. I became intrigued with spiritual beliefs and went to a local metaphysical shop called Finding Avalon. Although, I first thought it was unbelievable that things such as tarot readings, hematite rings and crystals were actually helpful, but I bought a ring and some crystals anyways just to try it out. The crystals I started with were amazonite and rose quartz which are supposed to help with love and soothing your mind.

It could be a placebo effect, but whenever I carried those crystals close to me, I felt more at peace and in tune with my heart chakra. My hematite ring, which is supposed to absorb negative energy, felt like a hoax too. But then it broke into three equal pieces during a period of negativity and I hadn’t dropped or knocked it against anything. My belief in the universe strengthened and I then began watching general tarot readings on YouTube. 

These readings were scarily accurate, and it confused me because I felt like the readers knew exactly what was going on in my life. I then started getting into meditation and tarot reading myself. It was a good way for me to be more at peace with life. My journey has helped me see life through a different lens and I’m excited to see what else I can explore with it.

I am a sophomore at Delaware State University majoring in Mass Communications. I enjoy journaling, working, volunteering and general humanitarian efforts to leave a positive impact on the world around me.
Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!