This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Over the course of my life, I have had many different kinds of costumes. From being Cinderella ( my favorite princess, a vampire, and Dorothy (the Wizard of Oz). There have been costumes that I wanted to be, but each year it just never happens. Hopefully, it will happen some year.

Yellow Lil’ Kim – Crush on You 

This video is one of my favorites. I have always loved that it was simple and something that I should have in my closet. Out of the four looks that she created this to me is the least revealing so that, if I wore it to a party, I would not feel uncomfortable.

Cheerio Cheer Uniform – Glee

If you know me Glee is one of my favorite shows of all time, so this would be me just paying respect to this show. Also, I have always wanted to be cheerleading, so it would be fun to be a cheerio for one night.

1920s Flapper Girl 

I love time different time periods for their styles and this is one of my favorites. Plus seeing this era come to life in the Great Gatsby was also nice. My only concern is that I would be too cold.

Tinker Bell – Peter Pan

I think this would be a cute group costume after I convince my friends (lol). This costume is one that I have always wanted to recreate, but it never works out, because I always put it off too late.

Hi, my name is Jamila Seidu and I am currently a student at Delaware State University and I am a kinesiology major. I love everything art and I'm not afraid to try something new, so here I am. I hope you enjoy.