This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Summary:

Recently divorced mom Lauren (Drew Barrymore) and widowed dad Jim (Adam Sandler) let their friends push them into a blind date, which goes disastrously wrong. Unsurprisingly, neither wants to see the other ever again. However, fate intervenes when both Jim and Lauren, unbeknown to each other, purchase one-half of the same vacation package at a South African resort; they and their children are forced to share the same suite and participate in a slew of family activities together.

*Summary from google*

Genre: Farce/Romance

Director: Robert Luketic

Acting:

Everyone knows that in any movie that Adam Sandler producers/directs, he typically uses the same characters.  Sometimes adding new ones in each movie, but that’s what makes him unique.  The acting in this movie was fantastic, another classic with Drew Barrymore.  Drew Barrymore plays Lauren  in the movie and she is a divorced mother with two sons.  She is always worrying about the youngest, Tyler (Kyle Silversein), who is always getting into something dangerous.  While the eldest, Brendan (Braxton Beckham), is into the ladies.  Adam Sandler plays a widowed father, Jim, with three daughters; the youngest, Lou (Alyvia Alyn Lind), is sweet and innocent.  The middle, Espn (Emma Fuhrmann), one always saves a seat for her mother who passed away and talks to her.  The eldest, Hilary (Bella Thorne), is an athlete in high school, he puts her in wrestling.  Adam Sandler does not know how to raise three girls so he raises them as they are boys.  They wear matching clothes that usually consists of athletic attire.  The acting of Lauren and Jim are amazing, they are complete opposites and when they are on the trip together they help each other with their kids.  Being on the same vacation, allows each kids to find themselves and the parents to figure out their friend-enemy relationship.  Outside of the family, Terry Crews plays Nickens, a huge part in the movie by being the comedic singer/host on the vacation.  He sings and dances, trying to push Lauren and Jim into a relationship.  He is always there with his gang of musicians, and it is honestly the funniest moments. 

Rating: 5 out of 5

Soundtrack:

Typically in an Adam Sandler movie, the soundtrack is 80s related.  This was a mixture between Terry Crews songs from native Africa and some 80s/modern music.  Therefore there is not much to comment on the soundtrack.

Rating:  4 out of 5

Overall, my rating for this movie was a 4 out of 5, because the acting and plot was great.  Although the soundtrack could have used a little more umph.  Adam Sandler has created many movies, this one is a favorite although there are better ones.  Unlike most of his movies, this one did have the element of different cultures mixing and a great message which helped it get a higher rating.

*This Movie Can Be Found on Netflix*

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!