This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Monster-In-Law

Samantha Carter

Summary:

Charlotte (Jennifer Lopez) is smitten when she meets Dr. Kevin Fields (Michael Vartan). So when Kevin pops the question after they start dating, Charlotte happily accepts. But she soon realizes that Kevin’s mom, Viola (Jane Fonda), is not quite thrilled to have a new family member. Viola, a newscaster, has just lost her job and is feeling rather attached to Kevin, so she regards Charlotte as her new competition — and will apparently do anything to make her son call off the wedding.

*Summary from google*

Genre: Farce/Romance

Director: Robert Luketic

Acting:

The main two actors in this movie was Jennifer Lopez, Michael Vartan, and Jane Fonda.  Jennifer Lopez is a movie threat being an actor, singer, singer, director, and etc. Jennifer Lopez portrayed her character, Charlotte very realistic and humorous.  There is a rivalry between Charlotte and Viola (Jane Fonda). Keeping up with the rivalry for being Dr. Kevin Fields (Michael Vartan) main woman in his life. Viola was the mother and Charlotte was the girlfriend/fiance.  They kept up with a realistic rivalry that is normal when a mother is about to lose their son to another woman. Jane Fonda was perfect for this role in the movie and her humor definitely made the movie memorable. Michael Vartan acted very well, keeping a balance between the two women, and really brought the raw acting into the movie and character.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Soundtrack:

There was no real soundtrack or song that stuck out, but the music did match the different scenes and settings.  I appreciated the music adding enhancements and mood to the movie.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Overall, my rating for this movie was a 5 out of 5, because all of the departments that I had analyzed were written and portrayed really well.  In my opinion, the movie came out more of a comedy and romance. The director chose three great actors to portray this movie, from the script and acting to the costumes and scene locations, precisely.  Making this movie end in a humorous manner but still having other emotions of sensitivity, rawness, and realistic.

*This movie can be found on netflix*

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history! 
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!