Meet Our Staff: Samantha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Meet our Campus Coordinator and writing manager!

Samantha

Name: Samantha Carter

Hometown: Beeville, TX

Major: Mass Communication

Classification: Senior

Why did you decide to join HC DESU?

I decided to join HC DESU because I wanted to work on my writing skills, have content I could add to my resume, and join a group of women that I could hangout and bond with during my time at college.

What is your favorite topic or topics to write about?

I love writing about music, lifestyle, and about people.  I have many interests and hobbies, therefore they are my content inspiration from talking about YouTube to creating date night ideas from listening to a song.

What does women empowerment mean to you?

Women empowerment means having a voice and being able to help other women in the same situations.  Along with being bonded and inspired from each other to become our best selves and help create more opportunities for women.

Why did you choose DESU? What is one of your favorite memories while attending DESU?

I chose Delaware State University because I liked their mass communication and music department.  Also it was close to some of my family since I traveled from across the country to go to school.  One of my favorite memories while attending Delaware State University is when I got to go on a trip to the Diversity Summit at NYU.  My major took a couple of students and we dressed up in business attire, went to different clinics, networked with employers, and more.  It was the first time going to a big city in years and it really hit me of what my career could be after I graduated.  Afterwards I really started toning in on my skills, making career goals, and since I have a full resume and jobs lined up for after I graduate in May.

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!