This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Saturday, January 27th; I attended a rodeo in Salisbury, Maryland just for fun.  There were many events and acts from the clown that was cracking us up with the jokes and intermission skits.  There were many events such as steer wrestling, team steer roping, barrel racing, bronx riding, and more. Eating the hot pretzels and popcorn from the concession stands.  Looking at the souvenir booths and just being in the moment with watching all of it. The experience is long-lasting and why I love going to the rodeo whenever I get the chance.  My two favorite events when I go to a rodeo are the barrel racing and the bull riding.

When watching the barrel racing events; it’s all about speed, timing, and the connection between a horse and its rider.  They have to make it around three barrels and the team (horse and rider) with the fastest time wins. You have to have the right timing to know how long it takes to get around each barrel since they are in the the shape of a triangle.  Beginning with the right barrel, then going to the left barrel, and lastly the middle barrel, ending with continuing toward the gate.

Now, the bull riding is very different compared to the barrel racing.  This event is all about riding a bull for six to eight seconds and winning the grand prize.  It is very dangerous and they risk their lives riding bulls but it’s the adrenaline that keeps them going.  They have to focus on balance and impact, balance by only keeping one hand to hold onto the rope around the bull.  Impact because once you are off that bull, you wanna run and jump on the gate. There are many injuries that come from bull riding, but it is one sport that you will definitely be watching from beginning to end.

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history! 
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!