Culture > News

Lambda Pi Eta’s First Winter Induction Ceremony

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Lambda Pi Eta held their first Fall Induction Ceremony on December 5th, 2019.  Lambda Pi Eta is the National Honor Society for the department of Mass Communication.  There are over 500 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. It was founded at the University of Arkansas in 1985.  This year, the Delaware State University had its first winter induction ceremony, where one student was inducted. A senior, graduating on December 14, 2019, Nadirah Livingston was excited to be a member.  The ceremony took place in the Mass Communication television studio where friends, faculty, and other students attended to support Nadirah. The ceremony started with two hosts, the president and vice president doing introductions.  Later asking all faculty and members to come forward. Samantha Carter placed the cord around her neck and gave her a pin. At the end, Nadirah took an individual picture and then a group picture. Afterward, there were refreshments and drinks for those who attended.

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history!