Career

The key to success: college edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

The key to success: college edition

College is definitely not a walk in the park. Yes we all have some classes that are a breeze, but sometimes there are classes that really have you contemplating dropping out of school completely. Trust me I know. Here are some tips to help your success throughout college.

If you are struggling in a subject find a tutor!

Sometimes it may not even be the class itself maybe it’s the professor who teaches not in the style you learn best. A tutor can help you better understand concepts and help you gather good study techniques in order to be successful in the course.

Get to know your professors

If you go to their assigned office hours and talk to them about your concerns they will feel as though you really are trying your best so more than likely they will find ways to help you be successful in their course.

Stay organized

Staying organized is a key aspect in order to be successful. When you write down all your due dates and test dates you can better prepare yourself and make time to study.

Go to the library

For me going to the library allows me to actually focus and get my work completed. When sitting in my room I get distracted easily and nothing is ever accomplished.

One bad grade is ok!

Sometimes we just really may forget an assignment or just bomb a test. More than likely it will happen at least once and that is ok we are all human! Do not stress about one bad grade! Sometimes students get worked up because of one bad grade and that grade will not determine your success! Remember that!

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!