The Importance of De-Plugging

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

The Importance of De-Plugging

Zaire A. Davis

Sometimes it is necessary to get away from everyone and everything. Creating space for oneself is essential to being relaxed. School, work, and extracurricular activities can create an emotional toll on students and often we forget to give ourselves the time that we put into everything else. My advice is to give yourself one weekend out of the entire month to sleep in, catch up on all homework, do a face mask, and watch your favorite movie. We forget that it is okay to turn off our phones once in awhile. We do not always need to be glued to our social media and in contact with people. Being able to de-plug and give yourself a day is necessary to give yourself self-care. De plug once in awhile. Turn off the phone. Commit time to yourself and realize that you owe yourself more than you are giving.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!