This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Every romantic’s favorite holiday is approaching; Valentine’s Day! It’s truly special if you are spending it with someone you truly love and care for. As a college student, you may feel a bit of pressure to spend a lot of money to show that special someone how you feel, even if it means annihilating your savings account in the process. All good gifts/dates don’t have to be expensive! Here is a short list of cool date ideas and gifts to show that one person you love them (and you love your pockets too!).  

Art Gallery or Museum

This is a choice for people who love to discuss art! Most art museum tickets are under $10.00, so doing this with a loved one who appreciates the arts is a sure win. It’s also good for photo opportunities and just to have an intimate place to spend time with that special someone. 

Arcade

Is your honey an avid gamer? Taking them to an arcade may be the perfect idea! This date is for the couple who loves to have fun! Why stay inside and play games when you can play and win some cool prizes that can also act as a great souvenir! Kill two birds with one stone (and save money while doing it).

Rose Bear

This popular gift is sure to woo anyone you give one to. These cute little bears are covered in roses, and all thought there are some expensive versions, the lower end ones can cost as little as $30.00! They are just so cute and pairing this with a box of chocolate will tell your sweetie exactly what you feel.

Pandora Bracelet

These pieces are timeless and can be built over time. Charm by charm, you can add on to your love and your special lady will feel so loved. A simple bracelet and charm to begin your journey of love bracelet.

A Spa Day

If you have a little extra to spend, this is the perfect idea. All girls dream of a day to relax, and to be pampered, so if your girl is a hard worker who needs a break, gift her with just that! She’ll appreciate the gesture and you’ll appreciate how it doesn’t break the bank. 

Hey! My name is Caleisha Braxton and I currently attend Delaware State University for a degree in Mass Communications. From a young age, speaking to people and writing were my strongest attributes and I decided to pursue a career in Public Relations. Im from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Growing up in the inner city of West Philadelphia shaped me to become a strong-willed and independent person. Regardless of my background, I prevailed to become a 4.0 student in college. Being from the area I am, I want to be successful to make both my family and community proud, especially since I am I First Generation College student.I use writing to relax myself and also to inform others.